A Chemical Testing Laboratory is Your Assurance of Quality and Safety
Chemical testing is necessary for the quality evaluation of the raw and final products against regulatory requirements. Basically it tells us what a certain material or product is made of. Various chemical testing methods are used to help manufacturers and suppliers to ensure their products comply with regulatory and safety requirements. A chemical testing laboratory can determine how well a product performs the job that it’s designed to do, and how long it will last with normal use.
One of the main aims of chemical testing is to check the quality of materials by identifying what they are made of, and whether they contain anything that shouldn’t be there according to relevant standards, requirements, or regulations. The quality of food and non-food items pose direct impact on the users if the quality is compromised. Moreover, the level of hazardous chemicals present in the food and non-food items is needed for the safety of the users. To achieve these objectives, clients need a chemical testing laboratory.
For the regulatory authorities, it becomes more important to have better and accredited facilities to check the compliance of the products. Quality Control Centre (QCC) North, PSQCA Lahore has well equipped chemical laboratory to meet the requirements for the Confirmatory Assessment (CA) of products against the Pakistan Standards (PS).
The chemical laboratory of QCC is well equipped with state of the art equipment and experienced staff. To provide the quality and reliable results QCC has achieved ISO 17025:2005 accreditation in 2016. Now, Water & Oil-Ghee Labs of Chemical Section has ISO 17025:2017 accreditation from PNAC.
MANDATORY ARTICLES AS PER PSQCA SCOPE
- Oil & Ghee (all types)
- Bottled Drinking Water, Natural Mineral Water
- Beverages, Concentrates & Fruit Juices, Nectars
- Jams, Jellies, Squashes, Marmalades, Mayonnaise,
- Confectioneries (Biscuits, Cakes Mixes & Wafers)
- Milk and Milk Products (Packed Liquid and Skimmed/full cream milk, condensed milk, Butter, Desi Ghee, infant milk etc.)
- Lodized Salt, Chili Powder, Turmeric, Curry Powder, Pickles,
- Black and Green Tea, Coffee and its preparations
- Fertilizers (all types)
- Cement (All types)
- Soap and Detergents
- Shampoo & Tooth Pastes
- Skin Creams, Hair Creams, Shaving Creams and Powders
- Liquid and Powder
- Hair dyes